Alignment: Principled (Good).
Age: 300 years. 2,000+ years.
Size: 5 feet high and 10 feet long, plus tail.
Weight: 1,725 pounds.
O.C.C.: Master of Magic and Knowledge (Oracle/Inquisitor).
Level of Experience: 7th level of experience.
Current Experience: 70,002/100,000.
Attributes: I.Q. 23, M.E. 25, M.A. 15, P.S. 33 (supernatural), P.P. 23, P.E. 33, P.B. 29, Spd. 43 — 215 when flying.
Attribute Bonuses: + 9% to all skills, 5D6 S.D.C. damage on retained attacks, 4D6 M.D. on a full strength attack, 1D4×10 M.D. on a power attack (counts as two attacks), + 4 to strike, + 4 to dodge, + 4 to parry, + 8 to save vs disease, + 8 to save vs drugs, + 8 to save vs insanity, + 8 to save vs magic, + 8 to save pain, + 8 to save vs poison, + 5 to save vs psionics, + 33% to save vs coma & death, and 90% to charm/impress.
Armor Rating: 10 on S.D.C. worlds.
Hit Points: 113 on S.D.C. worlds.
S.D.C.: 237 on S.D.C. worlds.
Awe Factor: 17.
Horror Factor: 17.
P.P.E.: 147; + 1D6 + 1 ÷ 2 per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 165; + 10 per level of experience.
Attacks/Actions per Melee: 8.
Combat Bonuses: + 4 on initiative (+ 1 against supernatural beings, + 3 with intuitive combat), + 9 to strike ( + 1 with intuitive combat), + 6 to disarm, + 4 to entangle, + 11 to pull punch (+ 4 with intuitive combat), + 14 to dodge (+ 4 in flight, + 4 with intuitive combat, + 6 with superhuman speed), + 13 to parry (+ 1 with intuitive combat, + 2 with superhuman speed), + 7 to roll with impact (+ 2 with intuitive combat).
× Critical Strike on an unmodified 18, 19, or 20.
× Knockout/Stun on an unmodified roll of 20.
× Disarm on an unmodified strike roll of 18, 19, or 20 (Net Only).
× Disarm on an unmodified parry roll of 18, 19, or 20 (Net Only).
× Snare/Entangle (Net Only).
Saving Throw Bonuses: + 12 to save vs Horror Factor, + 10 to save vs disease, + 10 to save vs drugs, + 13 to save vs insanity, + 3 to save vs mind control, + 13 to save vs magic (+ 1 vs illusions), + 10 to save vs pain, + 10 to save vs pain, + 6 to save vs possession, + 7 to save vs psionics, + 33% to save coma & death, + 2 on all other saving throws. No fear of heights, impervious to normal diseases, and cannot be surprised (intuitive combat only).
Natural Abilities — Sphinx:
1. Hawk-like Vision. Keen sight, can read a book at two miles (3.2 km).
2. Multilingual. Can magically speak and understand all languages at 98%.
3. Natural Leaper. Can leap 30 feet (9 m) high or lengthwise or perform a flight assisted leap up to 200 feet (61 m) high or lengthwise.
4. Natural Prowl. As per the skill. 98% (105%).
5. Natural Swimmer. As per the skill. 70%.
6. Night Vision. Can see in total darkness out to 120 feet (36.6 m).
7. Tracking. Can use exceptional sight to track prey. 98% (107%).
8. Natural Attack: Sphinx Bite. Close Combat. + 9, 1D6 M.D.; double damage vs supernatural beings . + 13.
9. Natural Attack: Sphinx Claws. Close Combat. + 13, 7D6 M.D.; double damage vs supernatural beings . + 17.
10. Natural Attack: Flying Dive; counts as two attacks. Close Combat. + 9, 4D6 M.D.; double damage vs supernatural beings . Plus, a 01-60% chance of knocking an opponent to the ground (victim loses initiative and one attack/action).
12. Winged Flight. Flies at five times normal running speed and never tires while flying.
Special O.C.C. Abilities — Oracle
1. Read Palms. The Seer can tell a lot about a person by looking at the character’s palms. In many respects, this power is a sort of acute clairvoyance and see aura rolled into one.
By looking at a person’s palm, the seer can see the following:
• Estimate the person’s alignment.
• Tell if the character is filled with hate or happiness.
• Tell whether he or she is troubled by something or afraid.
• Tell whether or not the character is sick or addicted.
• Tell whether or not the character is hunted.
• Tell whether or not the character is in love.
• Whether he or she is possessed.
• Recognize the sign of evil; i.e. recognize vampires, werebeasts, and demon shapechangers like the Succubus, Incubus, Dybuk, and other supernatural beings who can perform metamorphosis into human form. This ability does not include humans transformed by metamorphosis spell magic, Changelings or dragons.
• Estimate age within 2D4 years. This means the seer can recognize creatures who are hundreds or thousands of years old even though they may look completely human.
• Sense the presence of psionic powers.
• Sense high P.P.E. (20 or more points)
• Estimate the general level of experience. Low (1-3), medium (4-7) high (8 and up).
• Estimate the general alignment, i.e. good, selfish, or evil.
Note: By using his power of clairvoyance while holding the person’s palm, the Seer may glimpse that person’s possible future. The impression is usually vague, like, “I sense danger” or good fortune, or “you will find what you are looking for,” or “you will be challenged,” or “you will have to make an important decision.” The Seer’s insight is usually based on events already in motion and that are likely to transpire within the next eight weeks. Occasionally, the Seer will actually see an image of some future event involving the character (G.M.’s discretion).
2. See Through Metamorphosis/Shapechangers. Can detect and identify metamorphed Dragons, Woodland Spirits, Demons and other supernatural shapechangers. This clairvoyant power comes in the form of recognizing omens and strange shadows that identify the true nature of the shapechanger. 200 feet (61 m) + 50 feet (15m) per level of experience.
3. Sense Spoiling Magic. Can sense whether or not sickness or spoiling is natural or caused by a witch. She can also sense if this was a malicious act of anger not likely to be pursued with more trouble, or whether it is the first of several vindictive acts in a campaign of retribution or vendetta that will continue into the days, weeks, or months ahead.
3. Commune with Woodland Spirits. The Oracle is somehow on the same wavelength as Woodland Spirits. What this means is that these creatures of magic regard her as a kindred spirit and potential comrade. They may share information, news and food, lend a helping hand, and come to each others defense — this must be a two-way relationship, with the character doing favors and acts of kindness for the spirit(s) as well. Even the more sinister and murderous Spirits treat these characters as equals and never attack them without good reason. Furthermore, when around these Woodland Spirits, the Oracle can often (but not always) pick up random thoughts from them, like, “I hate him,” “… attack at midnight,” “… I know where …” “this will be good,”“… when the demons come …” and so on. These are only random, often partial phrases, thoughts or, sometimes, just emotions and impressions.
Special O.C.C. Abilities — Inquisitor
1. Will of Iron.
2. Magical Dispersal. Can dispel a spell or psi-power directed at him. 70 P.P.E./I.S.P.
3. Shield of Inner Spirit. Once per day the Inquisitor can summon an aura of inner energy around him, protecting him from harm. 7 Hours. 160.
4. Sense Supernatural Evil.
× Sense Supernatural Beings (Instinctive/Unconsciously). 350 feet; + 50 feet per level of experience.
× Sense Supernatural Beings (Conscious Effort). 2. 1,600 feet; + 100 feet per level of experience. 35 minutes; + 5 minutes per level of experience.
× Sense “Evil” in Supernatural Beings. 65% + 5% per level of experience.
5. Destroy the Supernatural. In the hands of the Inquisitor, all weapons and attacks do double damage against supernatural evil (and any being with supernatural attributes) and inflicts damage directly to natural M.D.C. or Hit Points.
6. Hold Breath. Can hold breath for twice as long as normal (4 minutes).
R.C.C. Bonus Skills
Literacy: Dragonese/Elven at 98% (137%)
Literacy: American at 98% (131%)
Literacy: Atlantean at 98% (131%)
Literacy: Trade 4 at 98% (131%)
Literacy: Egyptian at 98% (131%)
Anthropology at 98% (114%)
Art at 98% (124%)
Computer Operation at 98% (129%)
Creative Writing at 98% (124%)
Sing at 98% (124%)
Mathematics: Basic at 98% (137%)
Mathematics: Advanced at 98% (137%)
Lore: Demons & Monsters at 69%
Streetwise at 56%
Water Skiing & Surfing at 78%
W.P. Dagger (+ 3 to strike; + 1 at levels 10 and 13, + 3 to strike when thrown; + 1 at levels 8, 10, and 13, + 3 to parry; + 1 at levels 9 and 12)
W.P. Net (+ 2 to strike; + 1 at levels 8, 11 and 15, + 2 to entangle; + 1 at levels 8, 11 and 15, + 3 to parry; + 1 at level 9 and 12).
Hand to Hand: Expert (7th; 5 attacks/actions per melee, + 2 to strike, + 2 to disarm, + 3 to pull punch, + 3 to dodge, + 3 to parry, + 2 to roll. Critical Strike on an unmodified 18, 19, or 20, and W.P. Paired Weapons).
Skills of Note (Special):
Acrobatics (+ 2 to roll and no fear of heights)
× Sense of Balance at 98% (99%)
× Walk Tightrope or Highwire at 87%
× Climb Rope at 98% (100%)
× Climb at 79%
× Prowl Bonus (+ 15%)
Athletics: General (+ 1 to dodge, + 1 to parry, + 1 to roll)
Boxing (+ 2 to dodge, + 2 to parry, + 1 to roll)
Deadball (+ 1 on initiative, + 1 to dodge, + 1 to roll.)
× W.P. Deadball (- 2 to dodge; plus an additional – 1 for each ricochet).
Cryptography at 64%
Claw Mastery — as per Fencing (+ 1 to strike with claws, + 1D6 to claw damage, + 1 to parry with claws)
Land Navigation at 69%
Research at 79%
Seduction at 63%
W.P. Targeting (+ 3 to strike; + 1 at level 10)
Magical Knowledge: Intuitive Caster; knows a limited selection of invocations but cannot learn new spells through study.
See the Invisible (4).
Turn Dead (6).
Breathe Without Air (5), Invisibility: Simple (6), Object Read: The Dead (8).
Negate Spoiling Magic (10), Seal (7), Watchguard (10).
Divining Tombs & Graves (10 or 35), Glimpse of the Future (15), Instill Knowledge (15), Superhuman Speed (10).
Reduce Self (20).
Invulnerability (25), Metamorphosis: Animal (25), Second Sight (20).
Metamorphosis: Human (40), Oracle (30).
Spell Strength: 13; + 1 at levels 8 and 12.
Psionics: Counts as a Master Psychic (save vs psionics 10 or higher).
Clairvoyance (4), Object Read (6), Remote Viewing (10), See Aura (6), See the Invisible (4), Commune with Spirits (6), Total Recall (2), Speed Reading (2), Intuitive Combat (10), and Mind Block (4).